Friday 13 August 2010

Welcome!

If i believed in horoscopes then i'd be able to better explain something about myself, i do quite a number of things rather well but i wouldn't say i am perfect when it comes to those things. I have a passable singing voice but i'm no Mariah Carey, i make hair well but i'm no Nicky Clarke either and I write well but i'm no Soyinka. One thing I know though is that I know how to get my point across, I can take the feelings inside me and put them to words. It took me a long time to realize how this could be a gift and how to use it the right way. 

I started blogging last year, it was a personal blog and i remained anonymous. I would talk about my life, the things that had happened to me, my relationships with different people and sometimes shared experiences. It provided release for me when i needed it, like i could take my words and throw them into the air and someone somewhere would catch it. However what it did not give me was fulfillment, it didn't give me relevance either. I wanted to be witty, i wanted people to read my blog and laugh and even though they didn't know who I was I wanted them to like me, at least the me I was when I sat behind my computer.

I don't know when it changed, when it stopped being enough but I'm glad it did, because here I am, as I am. Not hiding behind the cloak of anonymity, not concerned about being liked or being popular or having hundreds of followers or subscribers. Maybe I'm here because of one person, and for that person I will strive to be all that God wants me to be, because its not for that one person alone its for me too.

I'm growing everyday, learning new things and excited in a way that i cannot explain, I want to share those things with you and I hope that you'll let me. Most of you are my friends and this may be a side to me that you are not familiar with but I encourage you to embrace it and encourage me. I welcome and value your support and your encouragement.

My writings will be centred on faith as it relates to everything around us, love, difference, tolerance and so much more. Please invite your friends and if you'd be interested in contributing to this space either by writing, moderating or being an interviewee please leave a comment with your email so I can contact you.

Looking forward to having you back,

Nengidee


No comments: